вторник, 2 марта 2010 г.

On the road

Mess in my head.

Afte 2 weeks finally got inspired to do something more than just routine and to meet burning deadines, few days ago crazily escaped from the empty and grey office to meet the spring with nice to my heart people, to get to know more people, discover 2 cities, breathe the sea, watch fat gulls and simply be less serious and laptop focused. To be a nomad. To enjoy it. And come back to Zg to work with full steam. Yeah, Tomislav, you missed a lot, dear ;)

Have never had characters from "On the road" which I am reading now in my head as role models or patterns to follow, but suddenly last night, having discovered this book in my backpack with money which I already despaired to find, I realized that this book with its characters is just the motto, the situations and behaviour patterns for my last 5 days.

To rush from the office to glavni koldvor, having spent just 15 mins on packing,just 5,5 hrs in the train and smiling and sweet Dunia, crazy Anton lifting me cos of excitement, walks, chats, 10 crazy rebelling interns, interns flat and sleeping in the boys room on 2 floor bed - knowing the fact that under you a very sexually harassing guy is sleeping (or maybe not sleeping?...), a very fruitful and inspiring meeting with Dunia (girl, I love you after all!) and chats with Dinko (man, Varazdin should finally rock!, wanna make an IM revolution with these smart guys... Saric, join us!!

A night walk and quick decision to catch a bus to Dubrovnik, rushing to the intern's flat to pack, discovering and immediately losing 100 euro somewhere - so all in all I had just 50 kn in my pocket. But this is nothing in comparison with forgetting to take my passport or any other paper proving my identity! And still being sure that I would cross the border with Bosnia. Twice!

A day in Dubrovnik - awesome! "I am a gull" feeling,old city, salty wind, oranges from the street trees for lunch, getting lost in the old covered with bricks streets, leaving a part of my soul somewhere high on the city walls, enjoying the sun, the wind, the sea, the ancient spirit, the islands view... I loved it! A place to come back again and again.

Btw, walknig on the walls was set for free - without any 140 kn paid - just followed the old Russian tradition to enter the passage with the sign 'stop' at the entrance :)

Food for the whole day - a couple of oranges and a sandwich.

Then again Split, mad interns, crazy people and lovely faces at EB elections - only there I realized how rarely I see these people and how much I like them.
Internet in the cafe and again walk, walk, walk..touching the old walls and feeling that my mind would blow up cos of so intense antique spirit everywhere.
Another round of regrets of not being an archeologist.

Food for the whole day - a cup of coffee and handful of chips and slani stapici.

Rush for the train to Zagreb and "I am at home" feeling having found an empty compartment. Arranged my sleeping place on 3 seats and getting ready to meet my home Zagreb in the morning.

Some days of the intense work in the office.
And I am again on the road.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий